What are the Fertility Benefits for LGBT Couples?
Yes, we understand that artificial insemination costs you a fortune and is dependent on your health insurance provider, you may be provided with some assistance if it proves to be your sole option for starting a family. More particularly, if your reports say that you are being diagnosed infertile, some plans are readily available for you to choose from which might actually support you in covering a part of your fertility treatment. This article centralizes on lesbian women getting a treatment called intrauterine insemination by using a donated sperm to get pregnant and some further benefits on experiencing motherhood for female couples.
Infertility and Health Coverage by the Means of Health Insurance
The law states that an acceptable case of infertility is when a woman is unable to get pregnant even after 12 months of unprotected heterosexual intercourse. If followed verbatim, a woman has to have an intercourse with a man to be deemed as infertile. But in reality, infertility is a lot more than what meets the eye. There are many reasons why a woman is deemed infertile:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: imbalance in hormones that impacts the ovulation
- Hypothalamic dysfunction: stress or body weight leading to hormonal dysfunction, affecting ovulation
- Premature ovarian failure: ovary is unable to produce eggs anymore
- Excessive prolactin: due to the lack of pituitary gland leading to lack in the production of estrogen.
In case of premature ovarian failure, you have an advantage over insurance coverage when it comes to office visits, testing and treatment. But as aforementioned, it is all dependent on your insurance plan. If it covers donor egg or IVF treatment, you will need to meet the insurance criteria. The lesbian partner who is willing to be pregnant must have a premature ovarian failure if diagnosed before the age of 40. Many fertility centers like Fertty International offers you some low-interest loans depending on your health insurance policy.
Benefits of Being LGBT Parents
- Daughters raised by a pair of LGBT parents are more to lead their lives out of the societal box because of being raised by differing cultural norms.
- Children raised in LGBT community are open minded when it comes to relationships.
- It is easy raising a child by an LGBT community than by a set of heterosexual parents because the latter believes that the former would affect their lifestyle.