Everything You Need To Know About Dental Implants
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the unreal teeth that are meant to be replaced permanently in the place of the originally lost teeth. Dental implants are considered more popular and safer than dentures, bridges and crown because of its long0standing durability. It gives a permanent solution to those who lost a tooth or teeth or someone who has had a chronic dental problem. It also provides a natural feel and looks to the patient and it is deemed to be the most comfortable investment of all. Now read this post here for more information on dental implants.
What is the superpower of dental implants?
What makes dental implants so comfortable and safe is because of the procedure and precision which delivers the value. The doctors use a medically-approved titanium implant fixture that will over the time will fuse itself to the living bone cells of your jaw. This, in turn, formulates a stable and durable anchor for your new teeth. Also, there’s no slippage or any sort of movement as they are firmly attached to the jaw. They require no cream or adhesive to fix it. It also provides a comfortable means to normal chewing activity (which dentures doesn’t provide). And when it comes to the care and maintenance of dental fixture, the patient will need no sort of for cleaning equipment or kit. And because of its durable nature, they do not need any relining or remaking of any sort.
Parts of Dental Implants
There are typically 3 parts of dental implants:
- The implant: The implant is the artificial tooth roots which will replace the lost tooth in your mouth. This artificial tooth roots will what be attached permanently to your jaw.
- The abutment: The abutment is a removable (only be your doctor) connector that holds and supports a tooth or a set of teeth.
- The crown (also known as the prosthetic tooth): The crown is the part of the tooth that the patient can see. The crown is usually formulated of zirconium or porcelain just for the sake to make it durable and, of course, to make you look good.
Types of Dental Implants
There are 2 types of dental implants:
- Endosteal (in the bone): Endosteal is the most frequently used type of dental implant. It includes screws, cylinders or blades which are surgically positioned into the jawbone. Each dental implant holds and supports one or more prosthetic teeth. This kind of dental implant acts as an alternative for the patients with bridges or removable dentures.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone): Subperiosteal is a type of dental implants which are placed on the top of the jawbone. Also, it is placed along with the metal framework’s posts protruding through the gum to hold and support the prosthesis. These kinds of dental implants are deemed for the patients who are not able to wear the typical dentures and for those who have minimal bone height.